Welcome to this DIY (Do It Yourself) skincare workshop taught by a Holistic Nutritionist!!!
In this workshop we will be making natural lotions and toiletries that you can almost eat! At this 2.5 hour workshop you will learn to make non-toxic natural lotions using natural edible organic oils such as coconut oil, fractionated coconut oil (FCO or MCT oil), grape seed oil, almond oil, avocado oil, shea & cocoa butter and other more rare and exotic oils/fats such as babassu oil. In addition we will be using therapeutic grade essential oils to give the products wonderful scents and medicinal properties. You will learn about the different properties of oils and solid fats and how to use them to make lotions with varying density.
I have a preference for using essential oils over floral waters or hydrosols. They are much stronger and don’t require preservatives. You will learn to make lotions and creams for normal or troubled skin such as acne and eczema, etc. We will make lotions, body butters, lip balms, and toiletries including natural & effective deodorants. In this class we will learn about artificial ingredients and fillers in commonly found lotions even the ones you can buy at your local health food store.
You will be able to take home samples of what we make at the workshop. You are also welcome to bring your own containers from home such as old stick deodorant containers, small glass mason jars, etc.
Location: 261 Warner Crescent, Newmarket
Upcoming Events at Other Locations:
1. Natural DIY Skincare: November 1, and 8, 2016, Town of Innisfil please see contact the Town of Innisfil for more information.
2. Natural DIY: Skincare, home care, eco friendly cleaning solutions to be held in Barrie at the Centre for Work-Life Balance, 151 Essa Road, suite 201 this Fall and Winter 2016/2017. Please contact me or Jane Dutly at the Centre, for more information. http://www.centreforworklifebalance.com/home.html
3. Life With A Baby: Future workshop to be announced.
Standard Recurring Workshops
1. Fabulous Facials – DIY Face Event!
2. Essential Oils in the Home: We will be discussing first aid and other home care items. To be announced.
To register or to discuss details, please contact me via my website or call me at 905 235 – 6391!
PLEASE NOTE: Do It Yourself Skincare, a two-day workshop will be taught through the Town of Innisfil on Tuesday and Thursday May 17 and 19th, in Churchill (Innisfil) in the kitchen at the courthouse/community centre. Times: 6:30-8:30 pm. Address is 6322 Yonge St RR 1, Churchill, ON L0L 1K0. Please contact the Town of Innisfil for more information. http://innisfil.ca/recreation-programs
or call 705-436-7120 for more information.
Understanding the root cause and pathology of ADHD is one of my deepest passions. Because of this I have been providing information and support to parents of ADHD children since 2005. I also host a support group for parents approximately once per month. Adults with ADHD are also welcome to attend, but we do focus on the needs of parents with ADHD children. At these meetings, we discuss natural therapies including lab testing, diet and supplements. Please stay tuned for a date for our future meeting or call me for more details at 905 235 6391.
Recent Speaking Engagements/Events
- Rotary Club Newmarket chapter. Spoke about Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease – December 2011
- “De-Stress Your Job Search” at York Works, Stouffville and Sutton, Ontario, fall 2011
- Revitalize & Renew. A Health & Wellness event – Short lectures on Green Smoothies, Coconut Oil & Neurological Disorders, June 2012
- Raw Vegan Festival, Demonstration – Healing with Green Smoothies & Powerpoint Lecture on The Healing Benefits of Coconut Oil, June 2012
- Self Healing Festival – Raw Vegan Association. Lecture on Coconut Oil & Neurologoical Disorders, September 2012
- Soupalicious – Wychwood Artscape Barns, Toronto, September 2012
- Catherine demonstrated her Green Smoothies at the Burlington Mall event, Discover Agriculture in the City (Agriculture Canada) – October 13, 2012. Displayed my signature soup at this event.
- Burlington Mall event – Discover Agriculture in the City (Agriculture Canada), October 2012. Official exhibitor and guest appearance demonstrating Green Smoothies at this event.
- Green Smoothie demonstrations to several classrooms in the GTA at Aurora High School, Keswick and Oak Ridges Public Schools.
- The Running Room – Newmarket – Presented several lectures on “Nutrition for Runners” and DVD on green smoothies, 2013.
- October 31, 2013 at 7 pm. – Nutrition Lecture & Power Point Presentation on “The Four Keystones to Good Health” and short lecture on Green Smoothies to members of the Inventors’ Circle, Newmarket.
- BetaSigmaPhi – Newmarket – January 28, 2014 – General Lecture on Holistic Nutrition
- Lunch and Learn – Clean River Recyling – Aurora – Demonstration and instruction on Green Smoothies – June 2014
- Empty Bowls – Charity Event – Aurora Cultural Centre – Dec. 4 2014. Please see www.emptybowls.ca for more information.
- Summer 2015 Wellness Event: Cintas, Harry Walker Parkway